Almost the End (6/28)

     I think this post will be quite short, as I do not have much time to write. It is getting really busy with the end of the school year as well as the end of my exchange. I am just glad that I am able to get a blog post in before I leave.

    At the start of June I went to Křižanov for a rotary event, where we welcomed all of the district's future outbounds. I also spent time saying goodbye to the other inbounds, as that was the last time I would see them. The event itself was much more enjoyable than the previous ones.

    Two weeks ago I went to Prague to visit some museums withYannick, an inbound that I am friends with. We visited the Aviation Museum in Kbely and also the Army Museum in Žižkov because neither of us had been to those 2. We had a blast, and I was surprised at how much time we spent at just those 2 museums. I thought the Army one in particular was very good. I would love to spend more time in Prague to visit museums when I come back with my family.

    Last weekend I had my last 2 orienteering races near the German border near Jachymov. I tried to not pressure myself because I did not want to DNF on my last races. The weather was gorgeous, and even though I had great races (I didn't even get lost on the last one) I didn't rank well in my age group because these races in particular were quite competitive. My placement doesn't bother me, though; I am proud of my improvement since the start of my exchange.

    This week was the final week of school. I am actually writing this just after the end of the last day of school. I had to say goodbye to all of my classmates, but I will try to keep in contact with them and hopefully see them again. We spent the first half of this week on a school farewell trip near the Austrian border at a campground. We went on a hike to some castle ruins, and the weather was really nice. Recently, it has gotten too hot for me, which isn't really all that hot, I am just not used to summer temperatures.

    With my exchange coming to an end, it is really weird to say goodbye to everyone knowing that it may be the last time seeing them. And it's always a little sad to do something for the last time. In addition to saying goodbye to my classmates and fellow inbounds, I also said goodbye to my host rotary club shortly after coming back from Bratislava. I don't think I have included any pictures of them in my blog yet, so I have a picture now.

    That's all I have time to write about for now. Sorry for the lack of photos in this post but I don't have much time to look for any. In an hour I will be on a trip until only a couple days before I get on my return flight, so I will probably write about that at one of the airports during my layover. Thanks for reading.

Photo from my last rotary meeting.


                            My class swimming in the lake during our farewell trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(11/11 - 11/26) SNOW!!!

(10/2 -11/10) I forgot to post so this is October update

(8/24-8/27) Arrival